Pre-Natal and Post-Natal Exercises To Squeeze In Today
These exercises are quick enough to be squeezed into your day wherever and whenever! Repeat them in a circuit three times for maximum strength gain potential. Check out our video on IGTV for full demonstration and explanation!
1. C-curve (30 repetitions): Exhale and tuck hips under, drawing the navel in towards the spine. Close your eyes and imagine wrapping your baby with a hug!
2. Kickstand Marches (30 repetitions): Alternate marching knees up to a tabletop position. Tucking the hips under as the foot lowers.
Post-Natal Baby Wearing- Repeat these exercises in a circuit 3 times for maximum strength gain!
1. Sit ups: 20 repetitions
2. Russian Twists: 20 repetitions
3. Squats or lunges: 20 repetitions
4. Tricep presses (without baby carrier): 20 repetitions
With all of the suggested exercises, add reps, sets and rounds as you continue your workouts, to keep raising the bar(re) for yourself!
Xo, Lindsay and Janelle
The Barre Code is a full-service women’s fitness studio with locations in Birmingham, Royal Oak and Rochester Hills. Group class formats featuring barre, bootcamp, kickboxing and restorative stretch, all in an empowering, community-driven atmosphere, provide a best-in-class fitness program. Named “Best Gym” by Hour Detroit Magazine in 2016, 2017 and 2018. New Clients are invited to use the code “RECALIBRATE” through December 15 to get one week of complimentary classes.